The Big Heart award recognises an individual or a team that has gone to extraordinary lengths to help those in need, often while facing their own challenges. In this category, the judging panel will be looking for entries that demonstrate how the individual or team:
- have gone above and beyond to serve their community
- have given back to the community (supported by their employer)
- have delivered an incredible response to a major event or need, and
- are of outstanding character and acted with integrity.
The Big Impact award recognises one company’s outstanding efforts over the last 12 months. In this category the judging panel will be looking for entries that demonstrate:
- a particular initiative outside a business’ normal day to day operations
- have had a significant impact in the community
- primary purpose was to benefit others
- how business has gone above and beyond in responding to a major event or need, and
- the commitment to the business’ values and reputation.
In addition to entries being assessed by our judging panel, a people’s choice voting system will allow the community to vote for their favourite finalists from each category.
The people’s choice category will be open for voting on 1 March 2021 until 2 April 2021, and every vote will count.
Our media partner for the awards is The Australian newspaper.